Welcome to HardwareForumz.com!
FAQFAQ    SearchSearch      ProfileProfile    Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in

[VA-503+] Win2000 install problem solved!

 
Goto page 1, 2
   Hardware Problem Solving Community! (Home) -> FIC RSS
Next:  cheap video card  
Author Message
no-spam

External


Since: May 29, 2007
Posts: 10



(Msg. 1) Posted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:18 pm
Post subject: [VA-503+] Win2000 install problem solved!
Archived from groups: alt>comp>periphs>mainboard>fic (more info?)

apropos Message-ID:

Problem: Win2000 install hangs halfway through 'Installing Devices'.

(1) Make sure USB support in disabled in BIOS (which means you will need
to have a non-USB keyboard).

(2) *Read and Heed* error message about F7 and non-ACPI-compliant BIOS.

Bill

 >> Stay informed about: [VA-503+] Win2000 install problem solved! 
Back to top
Login to vote
Roger Hunt

External


Since: Jul 12, 2007
Posts: 10



(Msg. 2) Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 4:58 pm
Post subject: Re: [VA-503+] Win2000 install problem solved! [Login to view extended thread Info.]
Archived from groups: per prev. post (more info?)

no-spam wrote
>apropos Message-ID:
>
>Problem: Win2000 install hangs halfway through 'Installing Devices'.
>
>(1) Make sure USB support in disabled in BIOS (which means you will need
>to have a non-USB keyboard).
>
>(2) *Read and Heed* error message about F7 and non-ACPI-compliant BIOS.
>
I don't want to predict too much, but I wonder if I might expect the
same or similar behaviour from a PA-2013?
--
Roger Hunt

 >> Stay informed about: [VA-503+] Win2000 install problem solved! 
Back to top
Login to vote
no-spam

External


Since: May 29, 2007
Posts: 10



(Msg. 3) Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:43 pm
Post subject: Re: [VA-503+] Win2000 install problem solved! [Login to view extended thread Info.]
Archived from groups: per prev. post (more info?)

Roger Hunt wrote:
> no-spam wrote
>> apropos Message-ID:
>>
>> Problem: Win2000 install hangs halfway through 'Installing Devices'.
>>
>> (1) Make sure USB support in disabled in BIOS (which means you will need
>> to have a non-USB keyboard).
>>
>> (2) *Read and Heed* error message about F7 and non-ACPI-compliant BIOS.
>>
> I don't want to predict too much, but I wonder if I might expect the
> same or similar behaviour from a PA-2013?

Well, there's only only way to find out. ;


p.s. Apparently, Windows 2000 will not detect or correctly install
an Apple (ALPS Electric) USB Keyboard unless the VIA US filter patch --
which as of this date was still available
<a href="http://www.viaarena.com/Driver/usbf_110.zip">here</a>
-- has been installed.


p.p.s Is a PA-2013 an AT board or an ATX? How many PCI slots does it
have? I love my old VA503+ but I *really* need to install a USB 2.0
adapter and for that I need more than 3 PCI slots.

Cheers, Bill
 >> Stay informed about: [VA-503+] Win2000 install problem solved! 
Back to top
Login to vote
Roger Hunt

External


Since: Jul 12, 2007
Posts: 10



(Msg. 4) Posted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 2:11 pm
Post subject: Re: [VA-503+] Win2000 install problem solved! [Login to view extended thread Info.]
Archived from groups: per prev. post (more info?)

no-spam wrote
>Roger Hunt wrote:
>> no-spam wrote
>>> apropos Message-ID:
>>>
>>> Problem: Win2000 install hangs halfway through 'Installing Devices'.
>>>
>>> (1) Make sure USB support in disabled in BIOS (which means you will need
>>> to have a non-USB keyboard).
>>>
>>> (2) *Read and Heed* error message about F7 and non-ACPI-compliant BIOS.
>>>
>> I don't want to predict too much, but I wonder if I might expect the
>> same or similar behaviour from a PA-2013?
>
> Well, there's only only way to find out. ;
>
That is true, and I do have a spare copy of W2k ....
>
> p.s. Apparently, Windows 2000 will not detect or correctly install
>an Apple (ALPS Electric) USB Keyboard unless the VIA US filter patch --
>which as of this date was still available
><a href="http://www.viaarena.com/Driver/usbf_110.zip">here</a>
>-- has been installed.
>
> p.p.s Is a PA-2013 an AT board or an ATX? How many PCI slots does it
>have? I love my old VA503+ but I *really* need to install a USB 2.0
>adapter and for that I need more than 3 PCI slots.
>
The PA-2013 is really (as far as I can make out) the ATX version of the
503+, but it does have 4 PCI slots.
2013 Manuals can be downloaded here :
http://www.fic.com.tw/support/motherboard/document.aspx?model_id=18
--
Roger Hunt
 >> Stay informed about: [VA-503+] Win2000 install problem solved! 
Back to top
Login to vote
Kyle

External


Since: Jul 30, 2004
Posts: 66



(Msg. 5) Posted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 3:25 pm
Post subject: Re: [VA-503+] Win2000 install problem solved! [Login to view extended thread Info.]
Archived from groups: per prev. post (more info?)

Hey Roger:

Ya want another 2013 system (fully stocked?). Make me an offer. An
attorney/client friend dropped by and gave me the system since she had
upgraded her puters a couple of years ago. Has a 4 or 5 gig HD in it
I think running win98se. She also gave me a 1.2G Tbird system, which
I think I'll keep unless someone wants to make an offer on that one.
It works nicely, has an Asus mobo with Magic chipset.

--
Best regards,
Kyle
"Roger Hunt" wrote in message

| no-spam wrote
| >apropos Message-ID:
| >
| >Problem: Win2000 install hangs halfway through 'Installing
Devices'.
| >
| >(1) Make sure USB support in disabled in BIOS (which means you will
need
| >to have a non-USB keyboard).
| >
| >(2) *Read and Heed* error message about F7 and non-ACPI-compliant
BIOS.
| >
| I don't want to predict too much, but I wonder if I might expect the
| same or similar behaviour from a PA-2013?
| --
| Roger Hunt
 >> Stay informed about: [VA-503+] Win2000 install problem solved! 
Back to top
Login to vote
Roger Hunt

External


Since: Jul 12, 2007
Posts: 10



(Msg. 6) Posted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 5:58 pm
Post subject: Re: [VA-503+] Win2000 install problem solved! [Login to view extended thread Info.]
Archived from groups: per prev. post (more info?)

Kyle wrote
>Hey Roger:
>
>Ya want another 2013 system (fully stocked?). Make me an offer. An
>attorney/client friend dropped by and gave me the system since she had
>upgraded her puters a couple of years ago. Has a 4 or 5 gig HD in it
>I think running win98se. She also gave me a 1.2G Tbird system, which
>I think I'll keep unless someone wants to make an offer on that one.
>It works nicely, has an Asus mobo with Magic chipset.
>
What a pity I'm in the UK, but thanks for the offer ...

Really a 2013 is still a saleable item, and I'm pretty sure you could
sell it on ebay.
--
Roger Hunt
 >> Stay informed about: [VA-503+] Win2000 install problem solved! 
Back to top
Login to vote
student

External


Since: Aug 03, 2007
Posts: 1



(Msg. 7) Posted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 1:37 pm
Post subject: Re: [VA-503+] Win2000 install problem solved! [Login to view extended thread Info.]
Archived from groups: per prev. post (more info?)

no-spam wrote:
>
> p.s. Apparently, Windows 2000 will not detect or correctly install
> an Apple (ALPS Electric) USB Keyboard unless the VIA US filter patch --
> which as of this date was still available
> <a href="http://www.viaarena.com/Driver/usbf_110.zip">here</a>
> -- has been installed.
>

Not true. I just now reinstalled Windows 2000 but didn't install
aforesaid "filter patch". Then, after re-enabling USB in the BIOS, I
simply reconnected my USB keyboard, rebooted, and presto! -- here I am,
happily pecking away on it.
Cheers,
-- Citizen X
 >> Stay informed about: [VA-503+] Win2000 install problem solved! 
Back to top
Login to vote
Nathan Bean

External


Since: Jan 04, 2008
Posts: 9



(Msg. 8) Posted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 1:26 am
Post subject: Re: [VA-503+] Win2000 install problem solved! [Login to view extended thread Info.]
Archived from groups: per prev. post (more info?)

Kyle wrote:
> Hey Roger:
>
> Ya want another 2013 system (fully stocked?). Make me an offer. An
> attorney/client friend dropped by and gave me the system since she had
> upgraded her puters a couple of years ago. Has a 4 or 5 gig HD in it
> I think running win98se. She also gave me a 1.2G Tbird system, which
> I think I'll keep unless someone wants to make an offer on that one.
> It works nicely, has an Asus mobo with Magic chipset.

what ever did you decide about the 1.2G Tbird system?

I seemed to 'ave killed my FIC AE31 yesterday... nothing boots... no
error codes... just get a blank screen on three different monitors...
--
.... My Mother Is a Travel Agent for Guilt Trips

* TagZilla 0.066 * http://tagzilla.mozdev.org
 >> Stay informed about: [VA-503+] Win2000 install problem solved! 
Back to top
Login to vote
Kyle

External


Since: Jul 30, 2004
Posts: 66



(Msg. 9) Posted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 3:44 am
Post subject: Re: [VA-503+] Win2000 install problem solved! [Login to view extended thread Info.]
Archived from groups: per prev. post (more info?)

"Nathan Bean" wrote in message

| Kyle wrote:
| > Hey Roger:
| >
| > Ya want another 2013 system (fully stocked?). Make me an offer.
An
| > attorney/client friend dropped by and gave me the system since she
had
| > upgraded her puters a couple of years ago. Has a 4 or 5 gig HD in
it
| > I think running win98se. She also gave me a 1.2G Tbird system,
which
| > I think I'll keep unless someone wants to make an offer on that
one.
| > It works nicely, has an Asus mobo with Magic chipset.
|
| what ever did you decide about the 1.2G Tbird system?
|
| I seemed to 'ave killed my FIC AE31 yesterday... nothing boots... no
| error codes... just get a blank screen on three different
monitors...
| --


Make me an offer.
--
Best regards,
Kyle
 >> Stay informed about: [VA-503+] Win2000 install problem solved! 
Back to top
Login to vote
Nathan Bean

External


Since: Jan 04, 2008
Posts: 9



(Msg. 10) Posted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 7:10 pm
Post subject: Re: [VA-503+] Win2000 install problem solved! [Login to view extended thread Info.]
Archived from groups: per prev. post (more info?)

Kyle wrote:
> "Nathan Bean" wrote in message
>
> | Kyle wrote:
> | > Hey Roger:
> | >
> | > Ya want another 2013 system (fully stocked?). Make me an offer.
> An
> | > attorney/client friend dropped by and gave me the system since she
> had
> | > upgraded her puters a couple of years ago. Has a 4 or 5 gig HD in
> it
> | > I think running win98se. She also gave me a 1.2G Tbird system,
> which
> | > I think I'll keep unless someone wants to make an offer on that
> one.
> | > It works nicely, has an Asus mobo with Magic chipset.
> |
> | what ever did you decide about the 1.2G Tbird system?
> |
> | I seemed to 'ave killed my FIC AE31 yesterday... nothing boots... no
> | error codes... just get a blank screen on three different
> monitors...
> | --
>
>
> Make me an offer.

which asus mobo does it ha
--
.... If Barbie is so popular...
why do you have to buy her friends?

* TagZilla 0.066 * http://tagzilla.mozdev.orgve?
 >> Stay informed about: [VA-503+] Win2000 install problem solved! 
Back to top
Login to vote
Kyle

External


Since: Jul 30, 2004
Posts: 66



(Msg. 11) Posted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 7:10 pm
Post subject: Re: [VA-503+] Win2000 install problem solved! [Login to view extended thread Info.]
Archived from groups: per prev. post (more info?)

Asus a7a266 using ALI m1647 Northbridge, m1535D southbridge chipsets

--
Best regards,
Kyle
"Nathan Bean" wrote in message

| Kyle wrote:
| > "Nathan Bean" wrote in message
| >
| > | Kyle wrote:
| > | > Hey Roger:
| > | >
| > | > Ya want another 2013 system (fully stocked?). Make me an
offer.
| > An
| > | > attorney/client friend dropped by and gave me the system since
she
| > had
| > | > upgraded her puters a couple of years ago. Has a 4 or 5 gig
HD in
| > it
| > | > I think running win98se. She also gave me a 1.2G Tbird
system,
| > which
| > | > I think I'll keep unless someone wants to make an offer on
that
| > one.
| > | > It works nicely, has an Asus mobo with Magic chipset.
| > |
| > | what ever did you decide about the 1.2G Tbird system?
| > |
| > | I seemed to 'ave killed my FIC AE31 yesterday... nothing
boots... no
| > | error codes... just get a blank screen on three different
| > monitors...
| > | --
| >
| >
| > Make me an offer.
|
| which asus mobo does it ha
| --
| ... If Barbie is so popular...
| why do you have to buy her friends?
|
| * TagZilla 0.066 * http://tagzilla.mozdev.orgve?
 >> Stay informed about: [VA-503+] Win2000 install problem solved! 
Back to top
Login to vote
Kyle

External


Since: Jul 30, 2004
Posts: 66



(Msg. 12) Posted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 2:42 pm
Post subject: Re: [VA-503+] Win2000 install problem solved! [Login to view extended thread Info.]
Archived from groups: per prev. post (more info?)

"Nathan Bean" wrote in message

| Kyle wrote:
| > Asus a7a266 using ALI m1647 Northbridge, m1535D southbridge
chipsets
| >
|
| okay... its a seven year old board... where are you located? i'm in
| washington dc
|


Heh, I'm in Indianapolis, so pickup looks to be a long sojourn. I was
closer last week (we were in Myrtle Beach) but alas, vacation time is
now over.
--
Best regards,
Kyle
 >> Stay informed about: [VA-503+] Win2000 install problem solved! 
Back to top
Login to vote
Nathan Bean

External


Since: Jan 04, 2008
Posts: 9



(Msg. 13) Posted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 6:04 pm
Post subject: Re: [VA-503+] Win2000 install problem solved! [Login to view extended thread Info.]
Archived from groups: per prev. post (more info?)

Kyle wrote:
> Asus a7a266 using ALI m1647 Northbridge, m1535D southbridge chipsets
>

okay... its a seven year old board... where are you located? i'm in
washington dc


--
.... "It's better to brighten up a room when you enter, than to brighten
a room when you leave."
* TagZilla 0.066 * http://tagzilla.mozdev.org
 >> Stay informed about: [VA-503+] Win2000 install problem solved! 
Back to top
Login to vote
Nathan Bean

External


Since: Jan 04, 2008
Posts: 9



(Msg. 14) Posted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:17 pm
Post subject: Re: [VA-503+] Win2000 install problem solved! [Login to view extended thread Info.]
Archived from groups: per prev. post (more info?)

Kyle wrote:
> "Nathan Bean" wrote in message
>
> | Kyle wrote:
> | > Asus a7a266 using ALI m1647 Northbridge, m1535D southbridge
> chipsets
> | >
> |
> | okay... its a seven year old board... where are you located? i'm in
> | washington dc
> |
>
>
> Heh, I'm in Indianapolis, so pickup looks to be a long sojourn. I was
> closer last week (we were in Myrtle Beach) but alas, vacation time is
> now over.

hope you enjoyed the beach... we usually go to oak island just north of
there...

ahh. sorry you are so far away...


--
.... Something to Ponder: How is it that we put man on the moon before we
figured out it would be a good idea to put wheels on luggage?
* TagZilla 0.066 * http://tagzilla.mozdev.orgi want a windows 98
capable motherboard... are you using that computer?
 >> Stay informed about: [VA-503+] Win2000 install problem solved! 
Back to top
Login to vote
sean bean

External


Since: Aug 08, 2007
Posts: 1



(Msg. 15) Posted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:38 pm
Post subject: Re: [VA-503+] Win2000 install problem solved! [Login to view extended thread Info.]
Archived from groups: per prev. post (more info?)

Nathan Bean wrote:
> Kyle wrote:
>> "Nathan Bean" wrote in message
>>
>> | Kyle wrote:
>> | > Asus a7a266 using ALI m1647 Northbridge, m1535D southbridge
>> chipsets
>> | >
>> |
>> | okay... its a seven year old board... where are you located? i'm in
>> | washington dc
>> |
>>
>>
>> Heh, I'm in Indianapolis, so pickup looks to be a long sojourn. I was
>> closer last week (we were in Myrtle Beach) but alas, vacation time is
>> now over.
>
> hope you enjoyed the beach... we usually go to oak island just north of
> there...
>
> ahh. sorry you are so far away...

and then this should have read:

i want a windows 98 capable motherboard... are you using that computer
at all?

nate
 >> Stay informed about: [VA-503+] Win2000 install problem solved! 
Back to top
Login to vote
Display posts from previous:   
Related Topics:
Sound crackling problem: VA503+AWE64 solved - I wish I had tried this 5 years ago. All I did was reduce the gain to 50% on all outputs and muted all inputs. The sound from the ISA AWE64 isn't as bad as I remembered either. -Bill (remove "botizer" to reply via email)

AU13 cannot install Win XP - Each time I try to install XP onto this mobo I get cyclic reboots due to driver conflicts. I switched out every component except the cpu. It will boot in safe mode. Anyone else have this prob and possibly a solution? Thanks

Failing to install a PCI modem on a PA-2013 motherboard un.. - I am not reaching to dial out. There is not yellow question mark under Device Manager. Have tried IRQ ver 1.3a irq13aw.exe and it did not work. If anyone knows the solution, I would thank him/her very much. Regards, Felipe

Problem with VA-502 - Does anybody know how I can boot without a graphic card? It seems like it would stop in Bios. Halt on no errors is activated.

PCI problem on a VA503+ - Hi there, I've got a VA503+ , flashed with the modified APM bios (I can't remember the version - you all know what one it is), with a K6-2 500 (5x100), 256meg PC-100 and WinXP Pro SP1 installed with the F6(?) 'Standard PC' option. I have the lastest VIA...
   Hardware Problem Solving Community! (Home) -> FIC All times are: Pacific Time (US & Canada)
Goto page 1, 2
Page 1 of 2

 
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Warning: fopen(/home/adsense_reject.txt) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/autoforu/public_html/Giga/GigaFunctions.php on line 1142

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/autoforu/public_html/Giga/GigaFunctions.php on line 1143

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/autoforu/public_html/Giga/GigaFunctions.php on line 1144



[ Contact us | Terms of Service/Privacy Policy ]