Welcome to HardwareForumz.com!
FAQFAQ    SearchSearch      ProfileProfile    Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in

FIC VI35L USB problem

 
   Hardware Problem Solving Community! (Home) -> FIC RSS
Next:  A8n-Premium will accept a AMD 3500+  
Author Message
Daniel

External


Since: Aug 05, 2007
Posts: 12



(Msg. 1) Posted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 4:57 pm
Post subject: FIC VI35L USB problem
Archived from groups: alt>comp>periphs>mainboard>fic (more info?)

Hi,
After my 3 1/2 year eMachines system suddenly died a couple of weeks ago, I
decided to building a new system with some old parts. I used a FIC VI35L
mother board (SiS651 chip) for the system, and anything worked out great.
WELL....one big problem
though, my USB ports are always powered on after I turn off my computer for
some reason - START > TURN OFF COMPUTER > TURN
OFF.. That of course causes some problems, like with my Epson Scanner
be in "idle mode" with the start light on all the time. I am running
Windows XP with service pack 2 installed. I sure have never experienced
anything like this with other systems

I did go on the FIC website and left a request for help last week - nothing
yet from them .Any thoughts...............

Thanks,
Dan

 >> Stay informed about: FIC VI35L USB problem 
Back to top
Login to vote
Kyle

External


Since: Jul 30, 2004
Posts: 66



(Msg. 2) Posted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 5:40 am
Post subject: Re: FIC VI35L USB problem [Login to view extended thread Info.]
Archived from groups: per prev. post (more info?)

Get a copy of the motherboard manual, there are typically jumpers to
control power to USB devices, default jumper position is usually "no
power", but if you want to wake up your machine using a USB mouse or
keyboard, this feature is handy to leave as it is.

--
Best regards,
Kyle
"Daniel" <dcxdanATyahooDOTcom> wrote in message

| Hi,
| After my 3 1/2 year eMachines system suddenly died a couple of weeks
ago, I
| decided to building a new system with some old parts. I used a FIC
VI35L
| mother board (SiS651 chip) for the system, and anything worked out
great.
| WELL....one big problem
| though, my USB ports are always powered on after I turn off my
computer for
| some reason - START > TURN OFF COMPUTER > TURN
| OFF.. That of course causes some problems, like with my Epson
Scanner
| be in "idle mode" with the start light on all the time. I am
running
| Windows XP with service pack 2 installed. I sure have never
experienced
| anything like this with other systems
|
| I did go on the FIC website and left a request for help last week -
nothing
| yet from them .Any thoughts...............
|
| Thanks,
| Dan
|
|

 >> Stay informed about: FIC VI35L USB problem 
Back to top
Login to vote
Daniel

External


Since: Aug 05, 2007
Posts: 12



(Msg. 3) Posted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 3:36 pm
Post subject: Re: FIC VI35L USB problem [Login to view extended thread Info.]
Archived from groups: per prev. post (more info?)

Thanks, I am still looking for that jumper - if there is one.

Dan

"Kyle" wrote in message

> Get a copy of the motherboard manual, there are typically jumpers to
> control power to USB devices, default jumper position is usually "no
> power", but if you want to wake up your machine using a USB mouse or
> keyboard, this feature is handy to leave as it is.
>
> --
> Best regards,
> Kyle
> "Daniel" <dcxdanATyahooDOTcom> wrote in message
>
> | Hi,
> | After my 3 1/2 year eMachines system suddenly died a couple of weeks
> ago, I
> | decided to building a new system with some old parts. I used a FIC
> VI35L
> | mother board (SiS651 chip) for the system, and anything worked out
> great.
> | WELL....one big problem
> | though, my USB ports are always powered on after I turn off my
> computer for
> | some reason - START > TURN OFF COMPUTER > TURN
> | OFF.. That of course causes some problems, like with my Epson
> Scanner
> | be in "idle mode" with the start light on all the time. I am
> running
> | Windows XP with service pack 2 installed. I sure have never
> experienced
> | anything like this with other systems
> |
> | I did go on the FIC website and left a request for help last week -
> nothing
> | yet from them .Any thoughts...............
> |
> | Thanks,
> | Dan
> |
> |
>
 >> Stay informed about: FIC VI35L USB problem 
Back to top
Login to vote
nathan bean

External


Since: Aug 20, 2007
Posts: 4



(Msg. 4) Posted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 2:41 am
Post subject: Re: FIC VI35L USB problem [Login to view extended thread Info.]
Archived from groups: per prev. post (more info?)

Daniel wrote:
> Thanks, I am still looking for that jumper - if there is one.
>
> Dan
>
> "Kyle" wrote in message
>
>> Get a copy of the motherboard manual, there are typically jumpers to
>> control power to USB devices, default jumper position is usually "no
>> power", but if you want to wake up your machine using a USB mouse or
>> keyboard, this feature is handy to leave as it is.
>>
>> --
>> Best regards,
>> Kyle
>> "Daniel" <dcxdanATyahooDOTcom> wrote in message
>>
>> | Hi,
>> | After my 3 1/2 year eMachines system suddenly died a couple of weeks
>> ago, I
>> | decided to building a new system with some old parts. I used a FIC
>> VI35L
>> | mother board (SiS651 chip) for the system, and anything worked out
>> great.
>> | WELL....one big problem
>> | though, my USB ports are always powered on after I turn off my
>> computer for
>> | some reason - START > TURN OFF COMPUTER > TURN
>> | OFF.. That of course causes some problems, like with my Epson
>> Scanner
>> | be in "idle mode" with the start light on all the time. I am
>> running
>> | Windows XP with service pack 2 installed. I sure have never
>> experienced
>> | anything like this with other systems
>> |
>> | I did go on the FIC website and left a request for help last week -
>> nothing
>> | yet from them .Any thoughts...............
>> |
>> | Thanks,
>> | Dan
>> |
>> |
>>
>
>
http://www.fic.com.tw/support/download.aspx?dl=motherboard%2fmanual%2f...ket478%
 >> Stay informed about: FIC VI35L USB problem 
Back to top
Login to vote
Display posts from previous:   
Related Topics:
Problem with VA-502 - Does anybody know how I can boot without a graphic card? It seems like it would stop in Bios. Halt on no errors is activated.

PCI problem on a VA503+ - Hi there, I've got a VA503+ , flashed with the modified APM bios (I can't remember the version - you all know what one it is), with a K6-2 500 (5x100), 256meg PC-100 and WinXP Pro SP1 installed with the F6(?) 'Standard PC' option. I have the lastest VIA...

Problem with VA-503+ Mobo - I'm having a problem with this Mobo. Whenever I enable CPU internal cache, Win98 returns protection mode fault message and will not load. If I disable it everything's fine, Win loads although performance is slow as hell. Sys specs: VA-503+ Mobo by FI...

VA-503+ SIMM problem - Hope one of you gents can help me sort out a problem I'm having. I'm not vastly experienced in hardware upgrades, but I've got the FIC 503+ User Manual and get pretty stubborn about sticking to a problem until I eventually reach a working solution; so..

503+ reboot problem W98/Linux - Last week I changed some BIOS settings that I now discover that I am unable to reboot between W98Se/Linux. Shutdown is OK but because I have a dual-boot W98SE/Linux setup where a reboot/shutdown is fine from Linux to W98SE but not from a soft re-boot of....
   Hardware Problem Solving Community! (Home) -> FIC All times are: Pacific Time (US & Canada)
Page 1 of 1

 
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Warning: fopen(/home/adsense_reject.txt) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/autoforu/public_html/Giga/GigaFunctions.php on line 1142

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/autoforu/public_html/Giga/GigaFunctions.php on line 1143

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/autoforu/public_html/Giga/GigaFunctions.php on line 1144



[ Contact us | Terms of Service/Privacy Policy ]